- 0 Comments
Do you spend eight hours a day at work on an average? Do you find it difficult to take out time for exercise to stay fit? Is your busy and hectic schedule taking a toll on your health? Do you feel stressed out at work? Do you often suffer from backache, body pain, and joint pains?
Well, you would be surprised to know that by making small changes to your routine at your workplace, you can stay healthy and fit. What you require is a little bit of motivation and small alterations in your daily life. You can follow the easy tips below to stay fit and healthy at work:
1. Say No to Elevator: Take the stairs instead of the elevators/escalators as it will keep you fit and energetic.
2. Stretching: Perform simple stretching exercises sitting at your chair like neck rotations, flexing your foot, stretching your legs and arms, whenever you get time. This will relieve you from backache, body pain, and joint pains.
3. Keep yourself Hydrated: Ensure that you drink about eight glasses of water every day. This will keep you hydrated and make you feel full. Avoid sugary and carbonated drinks. Go for a glass of lemonade instead.
4. Walk Around: Ensure that you do not sit in your chair for more than one hour. After every hour get up from your desk and walk around for two minutes. Then get back to work again. Sitting in your chair for a prolonged period can cause backache.
5. Check your Posture: Make sure that your posture is correct when you sit or while you walk. Always sit straight. Yoga can help you maintain good posture.
6. Walk to your Colleague: Instead of sending emails or messages over IM/messenger, just walk to your colleague and talk in person. This will help you burn some calories and stay fit and healthy.
7. Pack Healthy Food: Ensure that you pack healthy food in your lunch box. Avoid junk food, chips, and carbonated drinks. Instead, munch on a handful of nuts, raw vegetable salads, or fruits.
8. Play Games: Playing games like table tennis, basketball, badminton, etc., during breaks is an interesting way to keep your energy levels high and shed extra pounds.
9. Hit the Office Gym: Try to hit the office gym and exercise during lunch or tea breaks, and then grab a bite at your desk later on.
These are a few of the fitness tips for the workplace to get you started. You can make your own list and follow the same to stay healthy and fit at work and keep your energy levels high.