We understand that the life of a legal professional is rewarding yet very busy, and so it can be tricky to ensure you’re making healthy eating choices.
Planning ahead is key. As they say, “failing to plan is planning to fail.” To help you stay on track, we have compiled a list of six healthy grab-and-go snacks for legal professionals.
1. Large whole grain crackers with goat cheese. This is quick and simple to bring to work to prepare in the staff kitchen. The carbs from the crackers and protein from the goat cheese will keep you satisfied for a good period of time. Make sure you get whole grain or whole wheat crackers rather than enriched.
2. Protein bars. A good protein bar will be high in protein, moderate in carbs, and low in fat and sugar. Read the label, and try to stay away from protein bars with high sugar content, as you’ll find yourself crashing later on.
3. Hard-boiled eggs. Eggs are high in protein and lower in calories, with only 70 calories per egg. Eggs are sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper.
4. Nuts. Don’t go overboard but nuts are packed with protein and fiber, along with heart-healthy fats. A serving of nuts (depending on the kind) is generally about the size of a shot glass.
5. Greek yogurt. Buy plain Greek yogurt and mix in fresh fruit or add some honey for sweetness. Greek yogurt is high in protein (14 grams), which is double the amount of other types of yogurt.
6. Brown rice cakes with nut butter. Rice cakes are only about 35 calories, which make them perfect for adding nut butter. Peanut butter and almond butter both have healthy fats and a good amount of protein to keep you going throughout the day.
There are plenty of quick snacks that can be put together, but the above were some of the simplest and more filling options we thought would be most helpful. Enjoy!